Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Trojan-Mek Limited.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we process personal information about you electronically using the lawful basis stated below.
Lawful basis: Legitimate Interests
The reason we use this basis is because we use personal data to:
- Execute sales and contract processes to Customers
- Provide requested information about our services to you or Customers
- Perform deliveries / site services in accordance with agreements made with you or Customers
- Process orders, invoicing, payments and other account management follow-up for Customers
- Identify interest profiles in order to ensure that any promotional activity surrounding our services is relevant and meaningful
We process your information in the following ways: Electronic recording of potential customer / customer name, business name, contact details (including email address, telephone number and postal address), and payment methods (for customers only).
We do not share your information with any third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for our core business purposes.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO www.ico.org.uk if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Some cookies will be saved for specific time periods. Your web browser should provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
Cookies that we use are:
- _ga = Google Analytics (used to distinguish users) Expires after 2 years
- _gid = Google Analytics (used to distinguish users) Expires after 24 hours
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Email updates & newsletter subscription
Under the GDPR we use the Legitimate Interests lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the ‘Processing of your personal data’ above, and may infrequently use this information to contact you, directly, with information that is deemed relevant and of potential interest to you. Any Trojan-Mek Limited news or service update email messages we send are done so directly by the business, Trojan-Mek Limited, and NOT through an EMS (email marketing service provider).
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) from the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing email messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences.